The shipbuilding team follows state-of-the-art engineering techniques to achieve international standards, using modular construction methods to deliver a wide range of vessels within tight delivery schedules.
Design and Process Engineering
- Complete basic design for ships and offshore structures including stability calculation, hull structural drawings, machineries selection, piping drawings and electrical drawings for Class approval
- Structural analysis of marine structures using finite element methods including vibration analysis, fatigue analysis and buckling analysis
- Detailed engineering and generation of production drawings for ships and offshore structures using AVEVA marine hull structure, piping, HVAC, outfit and electrical modules
In addition to the design and manufacturing capabilities, RNAVAL (formerly Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited / Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company Limited) has a dedicated team of Systems Integration experts which is responsible for integrating all third party equipment such as IBS, IPMS etc., onto the various platforms built at the shipyard. The team comprises highly experienced and qualified managers/engineers/tradesmen and is headed by leaders in shipbuilding industry.
- Since the start of commercial operations in June, 2012, RNAVAL (formerly Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited / Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company Limited) has successfully launched five Panamax bulk carriers (Ice Class 74,500 DWT) and three Offshore Supply Vessels.
- The company successfully completed sea trials of three OSVs (Dynamic Position – 1) and four Panamax bulk carriers on the first attempt.